OPEN TOUR * Medina Way of Life by foot | ½ Day
**OPEN ACCESS 0€**
A perfect introduction to Marrakech’s medina !
A new concept to try: no entry fee, only pay following your appreciation !
Convivial and welcoming, our guides offer you this small group tour so you can get acquainted with the medina of Marrakech, discover places frequented by the inhabitants themselves and better understand local habits.
See the full description below for more details.
Group SizeSmall Group
- A perfect introduction to the medina of Marrakech. A real must for the early stage of your stay.
- A great accredited English or French-speaking guide who will introduce you to the medina from a local & intimate point of view.
- Discover the lifestyle of the inhabitants of the medina of Marrakech
- Small group only to facilitate meetings and exchanges
- Suitable for all budgets !
New concept at Dunes & Desert: we offer a walk in the medina, in small groups, in non-touristy lanes of the medina.
Under the guidance of your dedicated guide, you will learn about the lifestyle habits of Marrakchis, punctuated with some historical anecdotes.
In the heart of the Andalusian district, you will enjoy a first introduction about local customs : architecture, organization of neighborhoods and essential meeting points in everyday life.
A stop in a 17th century riad will allow you to see and understand how people used to live in previous centuries.
The rest of the visit will continue with a visit of the souks to then join authentic places of production of local products, such as babouches, wrought iron and other products of current use.
You will also make detours by places only visited by locals to help you to understand better their daily lives !
Do not hesitate ! This tour will be a real benefit to your stay in Marrakech!
Logistic & Details
- Guide is paid at the end following your appreciation, at the end!
- Registration required: even if the tour is free, it is mandatory to register given the limited number of places. Same, if you have a change of plan and you can no longer participate in the visit, we thank you for informing us.
- Tour insured if there is a minimum of 4 people registered, maximum 9 people.
- Tour last about 2h30 to 3 hours.
- Meet at Bab Laksour at 2.00pm (or 2.30am for French Tour). The exact location and time will be confirmed upon registration.
- An information meeting break is organized during the walk in order to answer your questions about your stay in Marrakech. You will be able to benefit from good plans, free recommendations or you will receive surprise promo codes for Dunes & Desert activities or other partners.
- Child friendly: we recommend a minimum of 10 years.
Good to know
- Important ! Registration is free, but you should know that the guides are volunteering to offer this new discovery service to Dunes & Desert customers. At the end, it will be possible to give something at your guide, according to your appreciation. The common use is to leave 10€ per person. No pressure. That’s how they are paid for their good services !
- Comfortable shoes
- A hat and sunscreen in summer. A coat in winter.
- We suggest that you avoid wearing shorts or miniskirts to respect local customs.
- English or French -speaking guide
- Tea Break on a terrace
- Transportation to/from the medina of Marrakech (if needed)
- Personal expenses
No it is not mandatory, but because it is kindly proposed by professional guides, the common use is to leave a tip at the end. Usually people are leaving 10€ per person.
Yes it is allowed to take pictures but you have to require permission before taking a photo of one person.
For tours with children, we advise you to book a private tour. Guide will then be able to adjust to all your needs and to your pace.
A maximum of 9 people per group. 4 people maximum per booking.
For small groups, this option should be reserved with a private guide. It will be our pleasure to make a personalized quote. Contact us.
You can also visit the page of this activity: “Real Medina Tour with a Master“.
Activity is not systematically canceled in case of rain. You will be contacted the same day of the tour if it is. If in doubt, you can also contact us by Whatsapp or by telephone +212 6 61 539 639 to find out if your group is maintained. Our team will answer you with great pleasure.
We advise you to ask your hotel-riad-villa if a shuttle to the medina exists. If there is none, ask a taxi to drop you off at Bab Laksour, one of the door of medina’s wall.
No monument is visited during this tour as it is an introduction to the local lifestyle of the medina. However, if you would like the accompaniment of one of our accredited guides to visit the most famous monuments of Marrakech, contact us or check out the page “Real Medina Tour with a Master“.
Out of respect for other participants, it is unfortunately not possible to stop the tour to make personal purchases like souvenirs or other must-haves. However, we will help you find your way to find back the object of your desires after the visit !