Walk through Imlil’s Berber Land | Full Day
Min 2 people: €110, pp 3 people: €85, pp 4-6 people: €75 pp, Child passenger: €18 pp
** SALE ! 10% Off until January 31st, 2020 **
Walking through Imlil, true Berber Village.
Discover by foot or by mule High Atlas foothills, Imlil and Toubkal, the roof of North Africa on this family friendly day excursion!
From Imlil, the Chamonix of the Atlas, hikes for all abilities can be arranged, from child-friendly mule ride support to thrill seeking adventurers.
See the full description below for more details.
Group SizePrivate Group
Walking through Imlil, true Berber Village.
- Discover the typical Berber village of Imlil and Armd, starting points of Toubkal Ascent trekkings.
- A mule ride which fits perfectly for families or special events !
- An authentic Berber lunch served on a rooftop of a welcoming auberge.
- Complete crossing of Agafay Desert in the morning.
Discover the splendor of the High Atlas foothills by car and on foot in the Imlil area.
With your private driver, depart for the Agafay desert for a memorable morning crossing of Agafay Desert.
The Agafay Desert is known for its unique light, dune-shaped hills and open horizon on the Atlas.
Continue to the Lalla Takerkoust dam, the cliff village of Aguergour and the Kik plateau to reach the isolated valley that will take you to the village of Imlil.
On site, mules and muleteers wait for you to discover the discovery walk: several points of view on the valley of Imlil will be offered to you. You will also discover the cultures of walnut trees, cherry trees and apple trees, the fruits that are typical of the region.
Arrive on top of Armd, an authentic tajine lunch awaits you on the terrace of the highest family inn in the village! Visit the Berber village of Armd whose streets are cut to the same stone! Its inhabitants will also greet you with pleasure.
An unforgettable experience in the heart of the Berber country for families or with friends supervised. Return to Marrakech by the magnificent road of Asni and Tahanahoute.
Go on an adventure at the foot of the Atlas, discover the Berber country of the Moroccan mountains and in winter, enjoy breathtaking views of the snowny Atlas Mountains peaks!
Logistics & Details
- Important : This family friendly tour has instant confirmation. Exact pick up time & place will be rconfirmed after your booking by telephone, mail or Whatsapp.
- Available all year round.
- Total time about 9 hours. Starts at 8.30am. Back in Marrakech for about 5.30 pm.
- Vegetarian / Vegan lunch is available, on request.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent.
- Our very qualified guide will be happy to adjust the pace of this excursion to match the needs of your party.
- It is also a family-friendly tour. Children under 12 pay a reduced price.
- Minimum age recommended : 7 years old.
- Baby car seat or booster are available on request (following availability), no extra charge.
- If you’d rather not walk much, the world famous Kasbah du Toubkal on the outskirts of Imlil will be happy to host you and yours for lunch (15€ supplement pp to add on second step at booking). Will means a small walk to reach the restaurant.
- Back in Marrakech for 5.30pm.
Good to Know
- We recommend you wear closed sports shoes, comfortable clothing, a hat, sunscreen. a windbreaker (required in the winter) and a daypack for your belongings. To best enjoy this experience, we suggest you respect local customs and avoid wearing shorts or skirts
- Back in Marrakech at around 5:30pm
- For your peace of mind, we recommend you check you have a personal all risk insurance with repatriation option.
- Pick up from & return transfer to your hotel/riad (or closest parking) if in Marrakech or less than 5km from the center).
- Toyota Land Cruiser 4×4 A/C with English or French Speaking driver.
- Lunch on a terrace surrounded by mountains.
- One mule per person to reach the lunch venue.
- Mule Driver guide for the mule ride.
- Limited liability insurance.
- Tips and extras.
- Personal risk insurance.
If you don’t feel comfortable to get on a mule, you always have the option of walking. Just keep in mind that the trail to get to the restaurant is a bit steep.
Tips are non-obligatory by definition, but are very popular with drivers and guides. If you feel that they have been great with you, do not hesitate to give something taking into consideration your level of satisfaction and the number of people in your group.