Pure High Atlas at Saida’s | Full Day
Min 2 people: €120 pp, 3 people: €105 pp, 4-6 people: €90 pp, child under 10 years old: €25 pp
** Book now & take advantage of our special rates**
Out of Touristic Paths !
Discover High Atlas foothills, a best-of of Morocco ! Morocco is full of incredibly beautiful tracks !
Discover with us the most outstanding landscapes of High Atlas along the tracks which bring you totally out of classic touristic paths. On the way, Saida proposes you a nice 90-min walk in an authentic Berber village of High Atlas. This trip is perfect for families.
See the full description below for more details.
Group SizePrivate Group
- A visit into real Moroccan Berber house and village lead by an lovely English Speaking Berber woman called Saida.
- Complete crossing of Agafay Desert in the morning.
- A private Atlas trip to share with no one, except your host Saida!
- A fabulous and generous Berber lunch cooked by Saida’s family.
Discover with us the most outstanding landscapes of High Atlas along the tracks which bring you totally out of classic touristic paths. This trip is perfect for families as the walk proposed is not too difficult and just perfect to enjoy and discover a lot from Berber culture. Saida is really the perfect guide and that’s why this tour is now one of our best-sellers !
Depart from Marrakech in FWD towards Agafay Desert. Once you reach it, it is there that you will discover its beauty. Set down the Mountains, it is particurarly breath cutting in winter, when sun, snow and blue sky are meeting. Lalla Takerkoust Lake will be on your way before arrving to the impressive cliff of Aguergour. Authenticity guaranteed. You will finally reach hidden tracks from the region. Full of beautiful villages will be on our way : you will be suprised by their authenticity and the kindness of their inhabitants.
Arrived at their family’s house, Saida or her sister will be your guide for the visit by foot of the village which is just behind, hidden in the canyon. Nobody there except you and the Berber linving there. You will visit the olive oil mil and the old kasbah. This is a soft walk of 1 hour 30 minutes.
The best of this trip is the lunch at Saida’s that will be served in their welcoming living room. You can’t be disappointed.
Saida is a real Berber women who loves sharing her story, in French and in English. Discover millenial berber hospitality and culture in these villages largely unchanged by the centuries.
Logistics & Details
- Important : This family friendly tour is confirmed subject to availability
- Exact pick up time & place will be reconfirmed after your booking by telephone, mail or Whatsapp.
- Available all year round.
- Total time about 9 hours. Starts at 8.30am. Back in Marrakech for about 5.30 pm.
- Vegetarian / Vegan lunch is available, on request.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent.
- It is also a family-friendly tour. Children under 10 pay a reduced price.
- Minimum age recommended : 7 years old. Younger children can participate but may not enjoy the walk which is going up a little. They can then stay at Saida’s house if a at least one parent stays with them.
- Baby car seat or booster are available on request (following availability), no extra charge.
Dunes & Desert takes the sanitary measures necessary for your safety:
- Hydroalcoholic gel and mask available on site.
- Disinfection of shared areas before and after each session.
- Vehicles disinfected before and after each session.
- Wearing of masks by all our drivers, guides and accompanying persons.
- Respect of safety distances between our staff and our visitors.
Good to Know
- Have your camera with you for great snapshots or serious photography. Please ask people before taking a picture of them.
- We recommend you wear closed sports shoes, comfortable clothing, a hat, sunscreen. a windbreaker (required in the winter) and a daypack for your belongings. To best enjoy this experience, we suggest you respect local customs and avoid wearing shorts or skirts
- For your peace of mind, we recommend you check you have a personal all risk insurance with repatriation option.
- Pick up from & return transfer to your hotel/riad (or closest parking) if in Marrakech or less than 5km from the center).
- Toyota Land Cruiser 4×4 A/C with English or French Speaking driver.
- Private Guided Walk by Saida in her village.
- Authentic Tajine Lunch cooked by Saida’s family.
- Tips and extras.
- Personal risk insurance.
Absolutly. You will be given the possibility to wait for the rest of the group at Saida’s.