MOUNTAIN SPORTS YOU CAN DO FROM MARRAKECH
Marrakech is not only known for its pools and parties, it is also an excellent starting point for the practice of many sports and activities. Situated in a desert, surrounded by the Atlas Mountains, it is the perfect place for mountain sports lovers. Dunes & Desert offers you its TOP 4 of these sports from Marrakech, follow the guide! ☺
1- Mountain Trekking
You like to explore mountains and walk for days in nature? Marrakech is the starting point of many mountain treks that will take you to the most remote corners of the Atlas Mountains, with breath taking views of this mythical mountain range, discovering wild landscapes and authentic villages.
Dunes & Desert offers many treks over several days to attack the most beautiful peaks and mountains of the Atlas:
- The ascent of Toubkal mount (3 days) : highest point of Morocco and North Africa, Mount Toubkal is situated 4 167m above sea level. A real sporting challenge over three days from Marrakech, which will take you to the roof of the Atlas mountains, giving you a 360° view of the mountains and the surrounding desert. A comfortable adventure with our experienced guides, our all-terrain cooker and our mules to carry the bags.
- Climbing the M’Goun mount (4 days) : climb one of the highest peaks of the Atlas, in a region totally forgotten by tourists. A 4-day trek that will take you to the heart of lush valleys and typical villages, before starting the ascent of the mythical M’Goun ridge. Along the way, you will maybe have the chance to meet nomadic populations with their herds. A hike perfectly managed by our professional guide, with 3 nights in a tent, all meals included thanks to our chef and maximum comfort with mules to carry luggage.
- Full tour of the Ourika Valley to meet the Berber people (2 days) : Are you looking for authenticity and beautiful encounters? This 2-day hike is for you! Discover the Berber culture with this trek that will take you to the heart of the Ourika Valley where you will spend an unforgettable night at the inhabitant, discovering the legendary hospitality of the Berber people.
- Ait Oucheg Valley (1 day) : if you prefer to leave only for the day, this hike is perfect for you! Discover the Ait Oucheg Valley, its terraced cultures, its typical villages and its friendly inhabitants. A hike accessible to all, which will take you in sublime landscapes forgotten by tourists, what more?
2- Walking in the mountains
You are a nature lover and you want to discover the surroundings of the redcity? Our walks are made for you! Set off for the day, in a small group, to discover the most beautiful landscapes of the Atlas Mountains.
- Pure Atlas (walk with the locals) : discover the foothills of the High Atlas, its breathtaking landscapes, its inhabitants with millennial traditions with this walk accessible to all. Perfect for families, this day will take you to the heart of Berber villages, where Saïda will welcome you with a yummy lunch in an atypical place.
- The Ouzoud waterfalls : discover the most beautiful waterfalls of Morocco with this tour in the small Berber village of Ouzoud. You can admire these beautiful waterfalls over 100m high, lunch at the sound of waterfalls and even swim at their feet! You may even have the chance to see monkeys! Hiking accessible to all the family, do not forget your swimsuits ☺
- Imlil, in the heart of the Berber country in the Moroccan Atlas : go in small group to discover the most beautiful landscapes of the High Atlas. The trip starts with a car ride through which you can see the Agafay Desert, the hills around Lake Takerkoust and the Kik Plateau. Once in Imlil, the “Chamonix” of Morocco, you start the walk (or mule riding) to the small village of Armd, literally dug in the mountains, where a lunch at Lahcen’s awaits you with spectacular views of snow-capped peaks (in winter).
Yes, you can also go canyoning from Marrakech! This fun activity will seduce both children and adults for sure! Abseil down in a canyon selected and prepared by our professional guides, and have fun in the natural toboggans dug in the mountains!
4- Mountain Biking
Get off the beaten path and offer you an adrenaline-filled day of pure pleasure with our mountain bike tour in the Atlas Mountains. Dunes & Desert provides of course a modern equipment adapted to your size, as well as an experienced guide who will take you on the best ATV trails of the Atlas. There is a total of 18 kilometers of off road and 12 kilometers on road connecting two off road sections. A picnic break is proposed to you at the end of the trip to regain strength before going back to Marrakech. A tour accessible to all, perfect with friends or family. Ready for the adventure?
One of these mountain sports tempts you during your stay in Marrakech? Book directly online on our site and look for our actual promotions !