WHAT TO DO IN MARRAKECH DURING 2019 CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS?
You planned to come and spend the end of the year in Marrakech just to get away from it all and change from the classic festivities, but you feel lost in front of the impressive number of things to do in the red city during this period? Dunes & Désert helps you to choose a program that suits you.
1- For families
You chose to spend the Holidays in Marrakech with your family? Excellent choice, and you will see that you will not be bored!
What family activities to do in winter in Marrakech?
- Walks in the mountains are very pleasant at this time of year, in particular the discovery of the surroundings of Imlil, with tagine break at the local’s, accessible to children over 7 years old (recommended age).
- A quad or buggy ride in the Jbilets desert north of Marrakech is also a good idea for family fun and discovering exceptional landscapes. Indeed, this stone desert turns green in winter!!
- You can also combine a quad ride with a camel ride, for twice fun on the same day!
- If you are traveling with teenagers, you can try Enigma Escape Game. In striking settings, you will have an hour to solve puzzles, discover secret passages and complete your mission. Fun guaranteed!
Our ideas for New Years Eve with the family:
To celebrate the New Year with the family: dinner and evening at The Source Marrakech (950 dhs pp): https://www.facebook.com/events/801802543626373/
2- With your lover
If it is with your lover that you decided to spend the Holidays in Marrakech, we have a host of activities to offer you, to make this end of the year unique and unforgettable.
What activities to do as a couple in winter in Marrakech?
- If you are an adventurous couple, we recommend a quad or buggy ride in the Jbilets desert north of Marrakech. Not only will you have a blast in this perfect quad playground, but you will also be amazed with these exceptional landscapes, a stone desert that turns green in winter!
- Give your lover a magical and unforgettable moment for the Holidays: a balloon ride over the red city, with view on the snow-capped Atlas Mountains. Make this moment even more special by choosing a Premium flight: a private flight, with catered breakfast and a glass of champagne in the basket.
- If you are both lovers of nature, hiking in the mountains is very pleasant at this time of the year. We recommend the discovery of the Imlil region, and for the more athletic, the ascent of Mount Toubkal (the roof of North Africa), with ice axes and crampons!
- If you want to discover the city of Marrakech, you can do it with class in a vintage sidecar! Our pilots / guides take you to a secret Marrakech, off the tourist trail, and aboard an exceptional vehicle: a vintage sidecar. Perfect for exploring the city while giving your insta account a little boost ☺
Our ideas for a New Years Eve as a couple:
- A romantic dinner at the Villa des Orangers – Relais & Châteaux (2,800 dhs pp): https://www.facebook.com/events/471116453519067/
- A festive dinner at Comptoir Darna (2,400 dhs pp): http://uk.comptoirmarrakech.com/portfolio-item/new-years-event-2020-new
3- With friends
Dunes & Desert has selected for you a list of activities to do with friends, as well as the best NYE parties city in Marrakech!!
What activities to do with friends in winter in Marrakech?
- If you want a little adrenaline, we recommend a quad or buggy ride in the stone desert of Jbilets. Not only is it a perfect playground for having fun among palm trees, river beds, and the forgotten paths of tourists, but it is also an exceptional landscape that you will remember for a lifetime. Indeed, this stone desert has the distinction of becoming green in winter!
- You can also combine this quad ride with a camel ride, for twice as much fun on the same day!
- If you want to get out of Marrakech for a day, Dunes & Désert offers you a Premium buggy day in Essaouira from Marrakech: buggy in the dunes in the morning, lunch by the sea and discovery of the city in the afternoon. Perfect for a trip with friends!
- If you love nature and the great outdoors, mountain treks are perfect at this time of year. We recommend the discovery of Imlil, or the ascent of Toubkal for the most athletic of you!
Our ideas for New Years with friends:
If you are a fan of electronic music, you are spoiled for choice:
- Dinner + DJ set on Kabana rooftop in the medina, with breathtaking views of the medina and the snow-capped Atlas mountains (€ 190): >https://www.facebook.com/events/1209619762563178/
- A “Thousand and One Nights” at L’Envers in Guéliz with tasting menu, champagne and above all an incomparable electro oriental atmosphere with the DJ sets of Mr ID and Jarni (3200 dhs for 4 people): https://www.facebook.com/events/568583803898927/
- If you want to get out of Marrakech and celebrate the New Year in the middle of the desert, then join the RAK Electronic team in the Agafay desert (from 700 to 2000 dhs depending on the formula chosen): https://www.facebook.com/events/3131150256900441/