Walking Tour of Ait Oucheg Valley (Ourika) | Full Day
Min 2 pers.: 140€ per person, 3 pers : 105€ per person, 4-6 pers : 95€ per person, 7-12 pers : 80€ per person, Child under 10: 35€ par enfant.
*Book now to enjoy this experience with your own mountain guide in private ! *
Great vistas, great people, great moments with this activity in Atlas Mountains, organized in small groups. A great lunch in a house of the village of Tizi n’Oucheg or a real picnic in nature will be set for you to sample Ourika and Berber culture at its best.
One of our most beautiful excursions: an intimate tour of Ourika region, its High Atlas vistas, dramatic cliff top villages and human warmth.
See the full description below for more details.
Group SizePrivate Group
- A real dive into Berber Culture & World, at only 1h15 from the city of Marrakech.
- Very low-touristy place ! Get out from usual paths.
- A lunch in nature (outdoor picnic) or in a authentic Berber Auberge in Tizi.
- A super -friendly English speaking team of accredited mountain guides.
Up Ourika valley to Tazzintout and onwards to Ait Oucheg valleys with bird’s eye views of the villages of Anammer and Aguerd, litterally carved out the mountains side. Make your way through the unusual Aguerd gorge and the juniper and cedar forests to end this great hike in the village of Imi n’Taddart.
Our intimate knowledge of the valley and long established links with the locals allow you to fully appreciate this gentle exposure to the High Atlas foothills, landscapes, culture & people.
Lunch at Rachid’s for a tantalizing tagine in nature, cooked with fresh, local products and dollop of pride in hospitality. Sit down to homemade tajine lunch and break bread with your village hosts.
Discover the millenia old culture of the Berber who have lived here since the dawn of history. Breath in the fresh mountain air, take in the grand vistas as the sun sets on the Atlas Foothills, soak in the cosy atmosphere of a mountain auberge and tuck in to great food.
Logistics & Details
- This activity is available all year-round. Exact pick up time confirmed by email.
- The level of this walk is moderate. You will walk during about 4 hours, spreaded in between morning and afternoon.
- This activity is organised in private for Minimum 2 people.
- It is also possible to have a mule or mule train to accompany your group and carry children.
- Vegetarian lunch available on request.
- Routes and tracks are mentioned for illustration purposes and may be changed without notice due to weather or other conditions
Dunes & Desert takes the sanitary measures necessary for your safety:
- Hydroalcoholic gel and mask available on site.
- Disinfection of shared areas before and after each session.
- Vehicles disinfected before and after each session.
- Wearing of masks by all our drivers, guides and accompanying persons.
- Respect of safety distances between our staff and our visitors.
Good to know
- Bring your bottle of water, ideally reusable !
- Have your camera with you for great snapshots or serious photography.
- We recommend having with you : comfortable shoes, a wind-breaker, sweater, sunscreen and hat.
- Please avoid too short or tight outfits to respect local customs.
- For your peace of mind, we recommend you check you have a personal all risk insurance with repatriation option.
- Pick up from & return transfer to your hotel or riad (5 km or less from Marrakech, or anywhere on the Ourika road).
- English speaking mountain guide for the full day.
- Lunch in nature (picnic) or at Rachid’s for a tantalizing tagine, cooked with fresh, local produce and dollop of pride in hospitality
- Limited Limited liability insurance is included. For your peace of mind, we recommend a personal repatriation insurance.
- Water and other drinks.
- Tips and extras.
- Personal risk insurance.